Wednesday, February 25, 2009

zombie weddings, blood, and scary adventures

*Note: blog not as scary as it sounds*

So my random foray into the internet blogosphere today came up with this article:

  http://www.lemondrop.com/2008/12/09/hookup-horrors-girl-deafened-by-exuberant-kisser/

While the article is odd...follow it through.  There's a small offset that talks about the weirdest themed weddings.  It includes a picture of a zombie wedding.

I saw the picture and thought "AWESOME!!!"

Zombies!

****

Today wasn't so good.  I woke up hypoglycemic, burned my breakfast (nasty nasty nasty) then decided to clean my earrings.  So I took them out....

and I started gushing blood.

So I cleaned that up (Jessica, the roommate, would've FREAKED) and went to the doctor.  My blood pressure was low but not horrible, so I just have to stay hydrated and well fed.  Then I had to go get my earring placed back in the now really stinging pierced ear.  

*****

So I never got a chance to write about it, but I had a really scary adventure the other day.  It was at Andrew's party.  They ran out of beer, and I got elected to go on a beer run to go get more.

So Allen, Evan, Steven and I all piled into my car (Evan drove) and we tried to find a place where we could get beer.  At one am.  We drove to three different gas stations and one liquer mart, all closed.

We found a One minute shop open, and Steve and I went in, as we were the only people overage and we were buying beer (they had given us money).  

Before we had gotten in the door, a crazy homeless man approached us for fifty cents.  However, from Allen's view from the car, it looked like he was about to attack me.  Apparently Evan had to restrain him.  

Once inside...it was the sketchiest place in all of riverside.  They had little ziplock bags full of dried shrimp with a tilapia sauce packet in each of them for sale.  They had a huge banner saying "TWO BUDLIGHTS FOR $5.00" except, over the 00, they had put a piece of printer paper saying ".50"

Steven and I reached the counter, and the guy only addressed Steven, refused to see my ID, and would only accept money from Steven.  

Then, while coming out, the crazy homeless guy asked us for a beer.

2 comments:

Rinata said...

I, for some reason, had that happen to my ears a few times last year.Freaked my roommate out! Little did I know she got queasy at the sight of blood.

I still don't get how you could possibly pop someone's ear drum with a kiss! With what gusto do you have to be making out for that to happen?!

I know we have already discussed this but the zombie wedding sounds AMAZING!

Steven Timberman said...

I totally didn't see the taped .50 sign. That is so awesome.

And yeah, that might very well be the sketchiest place I've been to in Riverside.