Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tough times

Times are hard right now. I don't really want to elaborate.

So, instead of elaborating, I'm going to list all the things that help me not focus on it. Like the good things in life. The things that make me happy.

***
KITTENS! This weekend I might be getting a kitten. Or two. But the very idea of kittens makes me so incredibly happy. It's like a natural mood lifter. I get depressed, and I start looking at the cost of things and the kittens available...and I get so incredibly happy. It's silly and child-like, but with everything going on, it's so incredibly soothing to have a cat to pet. Or to see cats walk around and play. It's soothing for me.

In whittier, whenever I was upset, my cat (Chewie) always knew, and would always start cuddling with me as soon as she could. It helps.

****
Video games. Particularly mindless ones.

***
Chips and guacamole at work. Speaking of work, kookie and strange stories from my coworkers. As I am typing this, Andy is telling a story about how he moved to California and started playing Starcraft. He used the phrase "so I started training" and "then I triumphed."

***
One of my coworkers just said this "The animation was so raw, that's why it was great. Great and impactful." We were talking about Invader Zim.

***
We just walked to 7-11, and "it's been a hards day night" came on. I started singing, and coworker said "Hey, isn't this like the song from Rock Band"

***
Now we're arguing about Komodo dragons. Apparently they're very poisonous. Who knew?

No comments: