Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer

It's summer now, which means I have my goals and my ideas.

Goals:
  1. Correct my posture. I often slouch, especially at work, so by the end of the day my back always aches. So yeah, whenever I think about it, to sit up straight and not slouch. This will take a while.
  2. Avoid facebook at work. The obvious exception to this is signing on so I can get onto fb chat, so I can get stuff from my boss and coworkers when they use it to contact me.
  3. Only walk to work, unless I'm really late or sick. Other than that, I will walk. I am always happier when I walk. I'll keep in better shape. Yeah. Generally more happy.
  4. Write a full mini episode at least once a week. More on that in ideas.
  5. See if I can film once a month. More on that in ideas.
  6. Investigate into turning my little netbook into a hackentosh. Cause I hate PCs that much. :P
Ideas:
  1. So, yesterday at pitchfest, one woman told me how hard it would be to market the zombie script, and she gave me an amazing suggestion. Make small, 5 minute webisodes. Show the world what is unique about my idea. And that sounds like SO MUCH FUN! So yes. I will be writing one of these a week and shooting once a month.
  2. Do lots of step outlines, so I have those going into the program at USC. :D
  3. Do a step outline for the female Bond, the red neck spy comedy, and the Utopia idea. And possibly the family drama, if I get the guts to do it.

1 comment:

boneman said...

work just a little harder and make them one minute length and you'll get more viewers.

Best idea, if you can describe the idea in four-five stills, you will also cash in on folks who have dial-up, avoid any length issues and, in fact, be able to sell your idea to EVERYONE that sees your piece.

(good artwork to research for the pictures...Gene Day, comic book artist for Marvel..Star Wars, others)