Thursday, May 14, 2009

Of one year, sicknesses, and alcohol in high altitudes

Tuesday was Allen and I's one year anniversary. One year. One whole, freaking year. I pretty much can't believe it. In that year we have had:
  • countless dates
  • lots of movies
  • a five day break up
  • lots of religious debates
  • one summer
  • late nights after rehearsals
  • a couple of almost camping trips
  • long car rides
And an amazing one year anniversary date.

He picked me up, wearing a suit and holding a dozen orange roses. I was wearing my little black dress. While waiting for him I got compliments from Rinata, Di-ke, and Yuri. I felt like a princess.

He then drove me to the valet parking at mission inn. I've never had valet parking before. Then we crossed the street and went to a restaurant called "Mario's Place"

It was amazing. I got Butternut squash ravioli in a herb butter cream sauce with shitakke mushrooms. And wine that was a combination of three different types of grapes. It was amazing. Allen was able to recommend it, which amazes me to no end. We stayed there for hours, just talking.

Then we went back to his apartment and he pulled out two movies, saying I had a choice. We could watch Iron man, which was our first date, or the Original Battlestar Galactica movie, for we bonded over watching bsg. We watched bsg.

*****

Anyways, it seems like everyone has been sick. Mr. Price had pneumonia. Allen had my sore throat cold thing. Dominique had the sore throat cold thing. Then Alexa's not able to hold down water. And she has to perform tonight. I really really hope she gets better.

And then Steve. Earlier today Steve told me that he had a sharp stomach pain, and was going home to go to the doctors. Then at about 2 today, I got the text: "Well fuck me. Probably going to the hospital." Turns out he probably has appendicitis. I mean, what the heck is with everyone getting sick!

****

Oh, for mothers day, I got my mom champaign for a present, and we had it while camping. It took about a cup and a half to get me drunk. Oh lovely.

No comments: