Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wise advice from Grandma

Me: Hello Grandma!
how are you doing
?

Grandma:Hi Lyn, I'm fine!
Its good to hear from you. How are you doing?

Me: VERY busy

Grandma: Oh - what's keeping you so busy?

Me; school, work, stuff like that
I have tons of homework and tons of extra curriculars

Grandma: I know that can get pretty tough at times. I was reading an article in the newspaper the other day and it says to put away your laptop and go to bed. You need lots of sleep/rest to handle all that. What are the extra curriculars?
It was written by a student who found himself in the same situation.

Me:I work with a literary journal and a theater company

Grandma: Wow - three jobs in all - school, journal and theater company. Don't burn out. We want to keep you around and healthy. We love you.

Me:haha, well, not all of them take up tons of time all the time
they more of take up time in bursts

Grandma: I know how that goes. Why cn't the be predictable?

Me: I know!
Each of them separately aren't too bad, but all combined they're a lot of time

Grandma: Well, it's great talking to you. One of these days I'll start on the quilt you gave me for Christmas. Gotta get through organizing my taxes though and Virginias. I guess you are getting lots of experience doing all that. Just know when you need to say ,"No!"
I have to send out our prayer requests to those on the email list. I hate to quit talking because we do this so seldom.
Write about your experience with these organizations sometime and send it to me.

Me: I'll have to do that sometime

Grandma: Talk to you later. bye

No comments: