Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The day of a student web writer

7:40: I get to work. It's cold outside, and not too many people are here.

7:45: I get sent on an errand. Hand deliver the honors web site content to Emily or Deanna. That's fun, it's nice and cold outside so walking around isn't horrible. I hand it to Deanna, she's excited, I stop by the C store and get some caffeine.

8:30: I sit back down in my chair, boss isn't here yet. So I answer email and start writing this.

9:00: Boss comes in, says he'll have something for me in a few minutes. 30 seconds later, I get handed the entire IEP website to proofread.

9:22: I walk to the kitchen to see if there's any free food. none. besides the high sugar Popsicles. Walking back, I hear the boss comment "That was like talking to BORAT!"

9:25: 2nd boss walks by, says "you can ask boss what to do now." I showed her the IEP web site. "What a wienie" she says.

9:38: My phone died. So much for distraction texts.

10:07: I check my blogs. Apparently a police officer anonymity was shattered in a blogging incident. Judge ruled that anonymity was not to be protected by the court. Lovely.

10:19: I start looking at directions for going to big bear for the afternoon. Not this afternoon, possibly thursday, though.

10:27: I go back to proofreading. And IMing

10:44: Friend gets off AIM.

11:01 Eat a nice snack of triscuts and chew gum. While proofreading. Bosses walk by, complaining about morale. press release guy shares way too much about his current knee surgery. Boss walks by and asks if I'm going to survive without my phone. I say I will, my mom might not.

11:07: Mom IMs me to say that someone commented on my facebook profile. I kid you not.

11:14: Mom IMs me saying it was just her trying to start a conversation. Boss found this amusing.

11:48: LUNCH TIME! Walk over to Allen's

1:04: Had Allen give me a ride back to work. now I have an intense craving to do something really social. Like a mass movie night or something. I do NOT feel motivated to proofread.

1:24: Decide to write for a bit to free up the mind, cause gosh darn it am I BORED!

2:02: Someone just ran down the hall saying "YAY IQBAL REMEMBERED!"

2:33: Finished the proofreading. Boss told me to start again from the beginning and read it again.

3:17: Am now researching web structure for MBA websites. It's odd, but a bit interesting.

3:23: Am considering leaving work early.

No comments: