Thursday, July 30, 2009

Being female is not a bad thing.

And I'm tired of cultural stereotypes that make it so.

I am tired of people using "woman" as a derogatory term.

I'm am tired of certain negative traits being labeled as "feminine" or "womanly".

  • Being foolish does not make you a woman.
  • Being romantic does not make you a woman.
  • Being sentimental does not make you a woman.
I am tired of hearing people say "that's cause he has a vagina" as an explanation for a foolish or sentimental action. There is nothing wrong with having a vagina, it shouldn't be a curse word or an insult.

Similar to that, there's nothing wrong with having Ovaries.

1 comment:

Rinata said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't understand why people use "woman" as an insult.

I think woman I think strong, sexy, intelligent, and fun.

Yeah....nothing wrong with any of that.