Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Quotes from the peanut gallery of work.

Andy: "naming documents is the hardest part."
Cameron: "Giving up is the hardest part."
Andy: "maybe. But naming things is hard, too."

***

Andy: "hey! Do you want to be that one dude that has six toasters?"
Cameron "Why yes. I eat a lot of toast."

****

Andy: "I don't complain about things."
me: "You guys were complaining about ONE ROW of pixels being shaved off!"
Andy: "hey! That's important! People would've complained!"
Cameron: "I would've complained!"
Andy: "I'm still complaining!

****

Cameron: "You said Bob is here, right?"
Me: "Yeah..."
Cameron: "Oh right. I saw him."

*****

a boss: "Oh dear. At least it's almost the weekend.
Andy: "Agreed."
me: "It's only Wednesday."
a boss: "Just be quiet and let me be happy."

****

Cameron: "Yay, we have a logo!
me: "it looks like he's doing a weird form of Tai Chi."
Cameron: "Well, he should be on every page."
me: "are you sure? Double check."
Cameron: "My confidence is enough....hey look! He'seven on the 404!"
me: "Did you mean to 404 it?"
Cameron: "Nope!"

****

Cameron: "Ohhhh....Tricky."
me: "What, did the pixel get shaved off again?"
Cameron: "No....but...*sigh* there's this line. That's part of a background image
and the line is covering the words."
me: "Make it part on the front image and take it out."
Cameron: "But it's part of the div!"

***
Cameron: "Yay!" (claps his hands)
me: "What?"
Cameron: "It worked! You know, web programming is really cool. You should do it.
Forget whatever else you're doing, Lyn, and go into programming. I mean,
I know you already invested time in writing and whatever, but come on,
there's really more to life than that."

No comments: