Thursday, September 3, 2009

A chronical of today - Alone in the office 1/2

7:52 - I unlock the door then lock it right again behind me. I work in the UV. Can't be too safe. Especially when I'm all alone in the gigantic stratcomm office.

8:03 - Holy crap this place is huge.

8:16 - Posted on facebook about being able to hear the crickets. Within four minutes I got a fb message from the art director saying that they were watching me.

8:35 - I get my first phone call as acting secretary. It was from the actual secretary. Telling me that she left me some candy.

9:06 - I start to look up more furnature. This time doing a floor plan that's sadly to scale. Conclusion: I really can't do a full bed. Not it and my couch. Sad.

9:17 - Some very large guy just walked by, slowly. His footsteps echo along the outside of the walkway.

9:18 - Hey wait, wasn't Andy supposed to be here by now? I wanted to leave him in control of the office so I could go get some coffee. Dang it! I can't leave without him to watch over the office! And I want my coffee. Late nights at Angela's mean I don't get much sleep, and I need some caffeine.

9:26 - I might have to be alone in the office today with no caffeine. Holy crap. So not fair.

9:32 - Gave in and turned on my music. Slightly better. Still no caffeine.

9:42 - Ever wish you can wave your hand and make everything in your friend's lives better? Yeah, I'm doing that right now. I see some of my friends in utter pain, and I want to be able to convince them that things will get better, that this is not the ultimate moment of feeling in their lives, that things are not going to stay in this sort of status quo for forever. Life has it's ups and downs. This is a definite down, but it can move up. When my friends abandoned me after freshman year, I thought that I would be stuck in that funk for forever. But guess what. I wasn't. When Ryan and I broke up, I thought I would be stuck in that horrible feeling that I messed something huge up. But life rebounded. And life will continue to rebound. This is not hell, life will get bettter. Now if only I could actually convince someone of that.

9:50 - Just got an invite from Sarah for a possible game night. On Friday. I doubt I can come, cause I have to carpool down with Allen the next day for Sarah's concert. Darn. I'm gonna try, see if I can convince Allen to spend the evening with my dad or something...though that might be mean.

9:53 - First phone call from someone who was actually trying to reach someone. I told her to leave a message with the voice mail. She didn't believe me. That's just amazing.

10:04 - A song from high school just came on my itunes. Something like Silas. Weird. Brought back the emoness that is hume lake.

10:15 - I wish I had something to do. All I had to do today is make some quick gramatical changes on a short piece. But I'm officially answering phones for my job. Lovely.

10:37 - Nothing quite like getting story ideas and not being able to work on them.

10:39 - There are some people outside, yelling. I think they're downstairs. But they're echoing.

10:46 - Just found my office's supply of UCR mms.

10:50 - A hobo just raided the outside garbage can.

11:08 - I find out it's Marcia's, my bosses bosses boss, birthday today. I should probably not eat her mms, then.

11:14 - Getting lonely. Really lonely.

11:25 - Talked to Allen, he'll be coming over within the next half hour. And he'll be bringing food. And AJ will come and visit on his lunch visit. Oh thank god. People. And food. And caffeine. So much want.

11:28 - Somehow, after yesterday, Angela is not hungover. I don't quite comprehend her.

11:46 - I just successfully postponed my jury duty until the week after finals. Cause that'll be good. Doing jury duty during the holidays. At least it's better than during the first week of school.

11:48 - AJ's here!

No comments: