Friday, September 18, 2009

Peer Mentor Training - reflections.

So this week I have horridly been absent from the internet. Facebook has been the only one receiving any bit of attention, and even then not much. Twitter has had maybe three updates, this blog has been forgotten, and myspace...well...myspace is pretty much dead.

Overall, peer mentor training was remarkably smooth. No huge embarrassments, no weird tension with former friends, no massive sicknesses. I mean, it had it's ups and downs (I'm looking at you, Program Director) but it was overall good.

And it gave me some confidence. Confidence that hey, I've found something I'm good at that can help people. Cause as much as I love writing, it doesn't really have to many aspects of social change.

It's given me confidence that hey, I might be somewhat charismatic. I'm terrified of crowds, but who do I have myself to compare to? The theater department. They all, and I mean all (I'm looking at you, Rinata) completely outshine me in charisma and leading a group. So I was kind of gauging myself off of that. But I'm not too bad, actually. In the peer mentors, I'm actually fairly decent.

It's given me confidence that hey, this next years peer mentor group is gonna rock awesomely. Honors nine will be amazing. I'm sure of it.

It's given me confidence that honors is going in the right direction. Emily will be awesome. Emily will most likely be stressed, but awesome.

1 comment:

Rinata said...

Writing is one of the best ways to ignite social change! Books like Kite Runner should be required reading for everyone. I think.

I may be able to lead a group when necessary but charismatic? I feel like I fade into the background a lot unless I work my ass off to push myself into the forefront. Maybe onstage I am.