Sunday, September 27, 2009

So, homework has started and I'm in an odd mood.

Yeah, homework happens now. I have a two page paper to write, some fiction to read, and some nerves to gather up.

Oh yeah, that's cause I'm starting acting tomorrow.

I'm scared. I'm scared shitless.

What if I make a fool of myself and no one thinks good of me? What if I disappoint? The fact that Brenda might be teaching does not make things easier. She knows me. She could be disappointed if I don't do well. There's also the bugging thought: what if people don't like me as much cause of my acting? What if I make a fool out of myself? What if I'm awkward?


Also, it's been a while since I've written fiction. The past two years have been almost exclusively playwriting and screenwriting, which are two MASSIVELY different beasts than fiction. A part of me wonders if I've lost my edge. This frightens me.

Ironically, the only class I'm not nervous about is the class I have absolutely no experience in: TV writing.

Maybe that's why. There are less expectations. If I suck, I can play it off as not knowing what I'm doing.





No comments: