Wednesday, September 2, 2009

things on my mind

*****
I am definitely looking forwards to the John Williams concert. So much. The only part that's not as much is the idea that we will be driving from LA to San Diego that night. That'll be murder. Maybe I'll buy an energy drink.

*****
Just thought about that. No. Mr. Ed is bringing wine. I don't want to have an energy drink and wine. That's just bad.

*****
Maybe I'll get some of that Cardinale to bring, so they can try it.

*****
Allen and I had a fight on Monday. It wasn't a horribly dramatic fight, but it needed to happen. It pretty much spun from the fact that we hadn't had ANY alone time between the two of us since...since Colorado, pretty much. And that's from a combination of many things, a couple of friends broke up so we had to keep them company, family matters, work, ect. But regardless, it was bad. For both of us. So I took Tuesday off and we had a vacation together down to San Diego. I feel...much better? A bit on edge cause of the fight, but utterly relieved that we talked it out and both decided to make a bigger effort for the two of us.

*****
Dawn just told me I am monkey lady today. Great. So I am making copies and stapling and collating. That's just so much fun.

*****
Someone's holding a conference in the kitchen. So I can't really go in and get my water bottle. Bummer.

*****
I can't wait for Sarah's concert, either. I really want it to be perfect for her. I'm wracking my brains for a gift to get her for it, I really don't know yet. Probably I'll end up with a book. But I want it to be a bit more special than that.

*****
I had the most brilliant idea for Allen for his birthday. Awesome. Now to start saving time and money for that.

*****
I got my paycheck today, so I'm so going down for coffee right this moment. Me? Hyper? Always better.

*****
Okay so I got iced tea. That works.

*****
So I just realized that one of the secretaries is very negative. She's nice, but very negative.

*****
Someone's in to interview for Kat's position. Okay? That's fairly bizarre. I thought we had a hiring freeze, yet more and more people keep on getting more jobs.

*****
Today I think, after work, I'll go to the bank and deposite my pay check, I'll go home and get my car, put gas into her, then drive off to redlands for some writing and buy the Cardinale. My goal is to finally finish this fight, then write the next ten pages. And to not be concerned about being OUT of structure. Cause that's frustrating, but a problem for revision. Maybe I'll finish the fight scene at home, so I can have Allen and Evan to bounce action ideas off of. And that'll take care of the time to let traffic die down. And then I can eat lunch at home, reducing my costs. Yes. This sounds excellent.

*****
Tomorrow I'll be the sole person in the office. I think I'll bring my laptop for music. Heck yes. Though that will be INCREDIBLY lonely and boring.

*****

No comments: