Sunday, September 7, 2008

"Head up Billy Buddy, there's no time for mercy..."

"Here goes no mercy..."

So, its no secret to my friends that I'm writing a screenplay.  It has evolved in my mind from being an action packed "blow-em-up" science fiction to something that I can only really describe as "indie" science fiction.  It's quirky.  It's more based on their intelligence rather than fast paced action scenes.

(that is one of my concerns, that it isn't fast paced enough.  It's actually moving rather slow.  But that'll be stuff for the revision.)

Anyways, for the dark moment, I had to kill of a character.  And it wasn't just any character, it was the kinda dorky, nerdy kind of character, the one who's always nice in a really awkward sort of way, with lots of brains but is a bit too shy to always use them.  And he had to die.

And it wasn't even a heroic death.  He got punched in the face, fell, and then the main villain steps on his shoulder and shoots him in the back of his head.  

I felt like a bad person killing him off.

No comments: