Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Break

I'm probably going to write in this every day.  Cause I get that bored in Whittier.

----

I was at Mervyns, shopping with my dad, and a little girl got her hair stuck in the down escalator.  And we had problems getting it shut off.  And she started screaming each time a stair came down, hitting her on the head.  Then her sister started screaming, then her grandmother...

And a huge crowd kinda surged forward, crowding around.

I immediately ran to the shoe department, notified them that someone was hurt, but no one could get through the crowd.  

So I yelled "EVERYONE BACK UP AND GIVE SOME ROOM!"

And, surprisingly, people did.  

Apparently I still have the drum major voice.  And my Mervyns emergency training.

The little girl is alright.  Not wonderful.  Her hair was cut off, and she was bleeding a bit from the head, but she was able to walk upstairs to first aid with no problem.  She was bawling, though.


No comments: