Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lots and Lots of Driving and rain

So, Saturday I drove up to Riverside.  It was about 47 miles, so about an hour on the road.  It was overcast, with a little bit of spitting here an there for rain.

I went to my apartment, and Jessica was actually still there.  She briefed me on cleanliness stuff, then she eventually left. (note to self: do laundry today).  Then I waited around for Bree to call me once she got out of her final.  It took a while, but I got a text saying I could come over to drop off her stuff.  

So I got back in the car and drove the 8 miles to Bree's house.  It was drizzling a bit.  We stayed and talked for about an hour, then I had to go back and get the cookies out of my fridge so I could make them for Andrew's party.  

When I actually make it the 8 miles back over to Allen's, it's raining pretty fiercely.  And it's cold.

We edit videos and hang out for a while, then we pick up Steven and we drive the 4 miles over to Andrew's house.   

And we have a nerf gun war.  They had a nerf saw, a nerd sniper rifle (with a scope!) and a nerf revolver.  It was awesome.  Aaron would periodically take the saw (with the ammunition belts) and just spray fire all over the place.  It was epic.

About halfway through the night, they ran out of beer for the beer pong.  And because I was one of the only sober people there, I was elected to drive Steven (who is over 21) over to the nearest gas station so he could pick up a 32 pack (which we put in the back of my car, obviously.)  But...we got lost.  So I drove about another 3 or 4 miles all in suburban streets.  It was kinda epic.  I got to know Steven a bit better.

At the end of the night I drove a tipsy and sleepy Allen back over to his place.  So another 4 or so miles.  

Sunday!

We edited videos.  All day long.  Allen, Aaron and I.  Evan joined us for a bit at the end, while we were waiting for videos to finish burning.  I ended up driving to dinner and back.  Mmm mongolian bbq.  That was less than a mile of driving.  It was raining all day.
 
So not too much driving.  

Monday, however,  

I woke up around noonish, took a shower, ect.  We left for San Diego around 2 ish, after a false start once we realized that Allen needed new windshield wipers.  We drove separately, cause I would need my car down there.  There's another 70 miles.  

We stayed and caught up with Allen's family for about an hour, then left for the concert.  There was another 35 miles, in rush hour traffic.  Allen drove, but still.  We talked a lot, which was fun.  We have the magical ability to just talk and talk and talk and talk.  Fun. 

THE CONCERT WAS EPIC!

After the concert it was another 35 miles.  In POURING rain.  Like, panic inducing rain.  I have a phobia of storms, there's a prime example.  It sucked.  

Tuesday....

Well, we red ring'd of death Allen's dad's Xbox.  Yay.  Allen, determined to fix it before his dad came home, decided to drive to Riverside and back with his own Xbox.  So I drove along with him, obviously.  And we just talked.  

So that's another 140 miles.  Yay.  

Then, after eating dinner with the family, watching the first half of casablanca, and talking a LOT with Allen's family, I had to leave and drive the 80 miles back to my house in Whittier.  In pouring rain.

LOTS OF RAIN AND DRIVING!

No comments: