Friday, December 19, 2008

How touching

I'm sick today.  It's been pretty miserable, not going to lie.

I never realized how little my family touches each other.  Like, in hugs or anything.  Back in Riverside, we're all kinda cuddly.  

And I'm not just talking Allen and I.  Say its me, Bree, Anna, Evan, and Allen all sitting together on a couch, we kinda drape ourselves over each other and watch a movie.  Or talk.  It's okay to be touching.

I miss that physical of contact with people when I'm in Whittier.

I wanted a hug all day.  Not just a brief "hi!" hug or a brief "goodnight!" hug, but a hug that lasts a few seconds, maybe even a minute.  A hug where you grip each other tightly, just for the hell of it.  Just because you can.  Just because you care.

I miss constant hugs.

No comments: