Monday, April 27, 2009

Me and my Knife

I've been having bad nightmares for a long time now.  And most of them have involved someone stalking me.

So after a week straight of that, I got fed up....and bought a knife.  

She's a Kershaw Scallion with a damascus blade.    And it's really freaking useful.

Despite the natural idea of self defense, it's also come in handy with cutting open soda packages, cutting off strings on my clothing, and cutting off tags.  Yay.  

But, even the day I bought it, I was grateful I had it with me.  While at Mena's party, Evan wasn't having a good time, so I had to drive him home.  When coming back my close parking space was gone, and I had to park 4 blocks away and walk back alone.  In Mena's housing complex there are a few frat houses.

Some frat boys were outside leaning against their beat up pile of scrap car, smoking.  As I walked by, the one wearing the black cap yelled out "WHORE!"  His friends cackled, then one started moving towards me.   

I snapped out my blade; I doubt they saw.  Either way, the moving one just got lazy and went back to leaning against his car.

No comments: