Friday, August 14, 2009

Demon dreams

So, I had a fairly horrible dream last night. I'm gonna try to be creative with it. So bear with me. If it sounds weird, it's cause the dream was weird.

It was such a stereotypical horror nightmare.

*****
It started with small things. A cup moving from one side of my desk to the other. A wisp of cool air across my neck. The feeling that someone was barely, just barely touching the top of my neck. I'd close my eyes, and my eyelashes would flutter.

I sat down next to Allen, strangely enough at my work desk. Apparently he got hired at strategic communications as well.

"I think it happened again," he said.

"What?" I reached for my water bottle, missed it. He pointed, it rested in the back of my desk, near my target and business cards.

"oh well." I grabbed it and thought nothing more.

****
The next day my band director died. A freak accident. They found his heart in the other room. It was still trying to beat.

****
Someone was following me. Slow, deliberate footsteps echoed around the hallway. I was at the house, but everything elongated. All the dust and dirt and kitty litter on the floor kept on rattling, disappearing, being sucked into the void of someone following me. I couldn't reach the end of the hallway, as if it kept on stretching and stretching and -

-And a heavy hand slammed on my shoulder. I turned, saw a glimpse of a human form, before it all crumpled into literal dust. I was left with a large mark of ash all over my shirt.

****
Everything in the kitchen was floating two feet about the counter. Knives hummed in mid air, a pan of half-scrambled eggs floated a few inches away from the actual frying pan.

****
My parents were found dead. Clawed through. I opened my eyes to see the demon hunched over me.

He reaches a twisted hand out to me, slashing. I screamed, and he disappeared, leaving bloody gashes across my face.

****
The army tried to take him down. They're sat over a sand pit, I watched from the bleachers. Allen had his arm around me.

The sand started to swirl, disappearing, consolidating into a single human feature. I craned my neck, trying to see over, into the pit, it vanished.

An Army Private throws a handful of concrete dust into the sand pit. The shape was briefly illuminated by the falling dust.

A line of blood slowly appeared across the Private's chest. He stared in horror, it grew, ripped him apart.

Allen covered my eyes from the rest.

****
Allen and I were sitting on the couch in the house. I was crying into his shoulder (the tears stung my injured face), he was looking around.

A pot dropped in the kitchen. I jumped up, staring at it.

The dust on the fridge and under the stove rattled out, forming the demon. He reached for me.

I ran to it, hysterical, wanting to stab it or punch it or just hurt it, and Allen grabs me, holding me back.

"No! It'll kill you!" He yelled, I kicked up, still trying to get to the demon.

****

and then I woke up. I had to turn the lights on in my room to make sure that all my stuff wasn't floating. I couldn't get back to sleep for a few hours.

1 comment:

Richard Rapp said...

You're crazy. I never dream that vividly, nor that scary.