Friday, August 7, 2009

People who inspire me: Part One

People who inspire me.

Dawn, one of the Web Development Bosses at my work.

Dawn is frequently out-spoken, sometimes cranky, sometimes incredibly strict, but never too unreasonable. As a person she's sometimes hard to get along with, but that mostly stems from her "I don't care" attitude towards other's opinions and feelings.

Dawn is a single mother of a teenager, and we often hear lots of stories about her Junior in high school daughter, who sounds exceedingly normal. Dawn apparently went through a rough divorce, but I don't know much about that.

Dawn put herself through law school in the evenings while working full time at UCR. She taught Mock Trial, she tutored kids interested in becoming a lawyer, and volunteered with her church and school district.

This last summer Dawn took 6 weeks off to study for the bar, then she took it. We don't know the score yet, but she actually felt comfortable with it. No one I have ever talked to said they felt comfortable with the bar exam. Ever.

And she has sent off her application to work at the DA's office as a Prosecuting Attorney.

No comments: