Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Television writing

I'm so excited for that class. This summer has taught me that I am not made for an office cubicle job.

I really have learned to love the craft of television. Yes that means I have to watch a lot, but I like it.

I have different ideas for my current television idea.

****

  • it will involve zombies.
  • It will involve a small group dynamic (ala firefly) of survivors
  • the leader will be an ultra strong woman. Like, a woman warrior. She is not the main character.
  • I might have the main character have a crush on her, though. but I haven't decided on the main character's gender yet. So that could be interesting.
  • I want it to involve a quirky sense of humor. Not sure how that can mesh with the above point. If I do something with gender roles in crisis situations, I'm not sure how well that will do without insulting lots of people.
  • I want it to be a procedural, but with overtones of serial. If that makes any sense.
  • I want it to include guns.
  • I have several character arches already planned out.

No comments: