Tuesday, August 5, 2008

coffee shops and assumptions

So, today I walked over to the Big Straw.  Yeah, that's about three miles away.  Only problem I had were a few guys wolf whistling.  That's it.  

Anyways, once I got there, I found out that the cafe is mostly populated with biola students.  And, after getting there, apparently everyone assumed I was a biola student.  Loverly.

I wrote there for quite a while.  People came and went, but one unique thing about this coffee shop was that everyone was really really friendly.  As in, they were all curious what I was doing.  And when I said writing a script they all got excited and started talking about the Biola film program.  I had to explain that yes, I am a film student but no, I don't go to biola.  

"Oh!  Are you just visiting down here?"

"No, my family lives here."

"Oh!  Where are you from?"

"Whittier.  I go to school in Riverside."

"Riverside?  All the way out there?  They have a film program?"

"Sorta."  

No comments: