Sunday, August 3, 2008

lemoncello and walking the dog

So, when I'm home, my parents give me stuff to drink occasionally.  Nothing serious.  The worst (best?) thing they've given me is a chocolate martini.  And all that did was make me very (very) talkative.  But then, I was also around people.

So tonight my parents gave me a glass of lemoncello (which is basically lemon juice and vodka and a little bit of sugar).  And then told me to go walk the dog.  So I didn't have anyone to talk to.  

So basically, my mind started to wander.  I started to think about life, death, summer, love, friends, and the past.  Specifically last summer.

This summer is already ten times better than last.  I have reliable, dependable friends who won't backstab me.  This time I'm confident that I won't lose them.  I can actually be myself, be my weird, nerdy, abnormal self, and not have to worry that they'll reject me.  

I thought about how I've changed.  My self esteem isn't based on people who might reject me.  It isn't based on people who did reject me.  And I think I'm a better person for it.

That to say, I also gave a significant part of my walk to the thought of death.  And how gross decaying bodies are.  I swear, that was my thought process.  

And not to mention I thought about how humorous it would be to have a messed up tattoo:
"Just my name.  Bob."
...after a while...
"There's two 'O's in Bob, right?"

So random.

No comments: