Monday, August 25, 2008

The last 5 days

(because the world can't have enough Musical theater references...)

Thursday:

Knotts day!  It was awesome.  Hung out with Liz the entire time.  We went on pretty much every ride.   And we also tried the new ride.  Pony express.  Which was definitely built by a man who has no mind for boobs.

The mechanics of the ride kinda force you to lean against a fake pony head.  And for the guys that worked perfectly.  But for the girls, it means your boobs are continuously forced against the hard plastic.  And its a bumpy ride.  Totally uncomfortable.

Friday:

So I got to riverside around 10:15ish.  Pretty cool.  I went and paid off my taps ticket (freaking taps...) then went to the housing services to pick up the parking permit (freaking envelope stuffers...)  Then went over to Allen's.  Yay!  We laughed at his failed attempt to make coffee cake and go down to run errands on campus.

Then we meet at Evans.  And play DnD.  Which was awesome in its own way.  I got to play a character that basically did whatever it wanted.  And I could possibly blow stuff up.  Awesomeness.

Then we went for boba and fried rice.  Then we went to Allen's and listened to "the rapist."  And danced a bit.

Then we swam at Bree's!  And I got to show off my rather horrendous sunburn.  

Saturday:

Left Bree's at about 10:30ish.  And experienced a rather beautiful drive down there, with alternate mapquest directions.  The road it told me to get off on was gorgeous.  Full of trees and rocks and hills and a sunflower farm.  The only problem with it is that it dead ended before hitting the proper road.  And...I took right.  It only took me a few miles to realize I went the wrong way.

Jessica's party was kinda great.  Allen's family is already kinda fun to be around, even more so when they're slightly tipsy.  

The best part of the night had to deal with his bouncy little seven (?) year old cousin.  They offered me cake, which I had to decline because of the extreme levels of sugar I had had that day.  So...they just handed it as a second piece to the already hyper little boy.  And he just stuck his fork in it and lifted the entire piece up and ate it.  Then he started zipping across the room and saying hi to random people.  

Sunday:

Got to spend some time with Allen, thankfully.  I still had to leave for Beth's.

But then...RADIOHEAD!  I mean, the car ride with L. was kinda awkward, mostly because I tried to be somewhat civil and it obviously just made him feel totally uncomfortable but whatever.  He can't spoil Radiohead.

They were...breathtaking.  Utterly breathtaking.  The light show, the music, the sounds, the vibrations, the people yelling and clapping, the random celebrities walking by (OMG I SAW THE GUY WHO PLAYS JIM ON THE OFFICE!)

And Radiohead was awesome.  

No comments: