Sunday, August 17, 2008

Random thoughts

These last few days have been wonderful.  I love my friends.  As with all good friends, thoughts happen when you're with them.  So here are some:

  • We all love contradictions.  For example, we all laugh on the line in Dr. Horrible:  "It's a brand new day/and the sun is high/and all the angels sing/that you're gonna die."  And we love the turnaround.  We love the image of all being happy and angels singing and then "you're gonna die."  We love the idea on screen of a couple fighting, and that's how they show they love each other.   We love the idea of a villain that believes wholeheartedly that they are correct.  
  • It's hard for me to sit still.  I blame ADD.  But, after one day of watching movies basically all day long, it was hard for me to keep my mind on one track the next day.  So movies make ADD worse?  Or is it that long periods of movies affect.
  • I blame Beth for this next one:  It's easier to stomach gory movies if you see the "making of." that includes the gory blood details.  However, gore in movies does not make up for crappy acting.
  • Thrift stores have everything, unless you're specifically looking for it.  Its the Murphy's law of thrift stores.
  • It's kinda a mind trip if there's someone at the same party/area/hangout as you who looks like you from behind.  Especially if you have kinda distinctive hair.  I kept on thinking I was looking at myself whenever I glanced at Beth with her new haircut with her back towards me.  It was surreal.
  • My mind thinks in musical theater.
  • It's always interesting to be on the other side of problems that you once were in.  Always interesting, and a bit haunting.

No comments: