Saturday, August 2, 2008

New blog

I'm very tired of Myspace's blogging feature.  I might still post blogs there, but not too often.  I'm not too much a fan of the formatting, the rules, and the limits.  So no more.

My other blog, my xanga (the how-can-you-tell-I-still-deal-with-drama blog) is much more secret.  As in, only like three people read it.  Which isn't exactly what I'm aiming for.  I'm aiming for more of a blog I can email people, show them how I'm doing, without having to worry about them stumbling along on some weird thing in my xanga history or the weirdness of my myspace.

So.  Entry.

Today I went over to Sarah's and we ran her dogs.  Yeah, the little dachshunds.  Wiener dogs.  It was night, the street lamps were humming.  The pavement was still warm, and the wind was cool.  

There's something primally pleasurable about running through the night.  Its not hot, its not cold, its not bright, but pleasant.  Its silent enough that you can hear your heartbeat along with your footsteps and the clicking of the little dogs' claws against the pavement.

And the little humor of the dachshunds helped.  I mean, those dogs are meant to be funny.  They tried to attack a cat.  I'm pretty sure that cat would have whooped them if we hadn't gotten the leashes away.  And the leashes were those spiffy extendable ones.  Kinda fun to have the tiny dog run up ahead, then you stop the leash from extending.  They're almost light enough that they get airborne.  But not quite.  

And then walking around at night with a friend.  

I always like walking around.  Walking with a friend only makes it better.  I talk more when I'm walking or physically moving around.  Its weird, but its true.  I'm more apt to share a secret or divulge about something thats been bugging me.  That's why I walk around when I talk on the phone.  If I didn't I wouldn't really talk, I'd just listen.

No comments: